Rebooting the box (off-mode reset) shuts down and restarts the box using the Sky remote. There is no need to disconnect the box from the mains power supply, and is better for the health and lifespan of the Sky box.
If the Sky box is unresponsive to the Sky remote or you have a Thomson (4E30) Sky+HD box, Manually reboot the box.
Using the Sky remote:
- Press and hold standby.
- Wait for the remote command light (left of the standby light on the front panel) to begin flashing.
- Release standby.
- The remote command light will continue flashing for approximately 15 seconds and then the standby light will turn red.
- Confirm the light on front panel is red and leave for a few seconds.
- Press Sky. Standby light displays.
- After 1 – 4 minutes press Sky to turn the Sky box on. The green light displays.
- Wait for a few minutes for the Sky box to initialise. The last channel viewed or channel 998 displays.
Once the Reboot of the Sky box is complete, perform the next check.
Manually reboot the Sky box
When it’s not possible to reboot the Sky box using the remote control, simply turning everything off and then back on can resolve issues such as the Sky box being unresponsive or channels being unavailable.