YouView have recently announced that its customers now have access to more BBC programmes than ever before with the introduction of new BBC iPlayer and BBC Connected Red Button.
Customers will be able to watch exclusive BBC iPlayer programmes and discover their favourite BBC TV shows more easily. The refreshed look and feel offers new categories including comedy, arts, history and music allowing customers to easily find hidden TV gems. Plus, YouView customers will be able to access an increased choice of video and streaming content across news, sport and weather via BBC Connected Red Button, which can be launched from BBC TV channels.
The services will give customers access to wealth of new functionality including the ability to:
New BBC iPlayer
- Discover content from the last 30 days through a simpler, cleaner BBC iPlayer home screen
- Watch content exclusive to new BBC iPlayer – including Doctor Who Extra
- Browse new categories – including documentaries, food, arts, history and science and nature
- Access collections grouping programmes by series, season, event or theme
BBC Connected Red Button
- Access BBC iPlayer, Sport and News apps on your TV from BBC TV channels
- Discover more TV shows from your favourite BBC channels
- Enjoy wider coverage including exclusive live streaming of sporting events from BBC Sport
- Catch-up with the latest BBC news and BBC Sport text and video clips at any time of the day
- Watch sport video highlights and access headlines, match reports, live scores and standings
- Tailor the BBC weather forecast to your postcode
YouView is now in over 1 million connected UK homes offering a seamless and easy to use catch up and on demand TV service with pause, rewind and record functionality.
New BBC iPlayer and BBC Connected Red Button will launch today in a staggered rollout for YouView Humax retail set-top boxes and YouView from BT set-top boxes. This update will be added to YouView from TalkTalk set-top boxes in due course.
Download details for this update are at the bottom of this email. For information and product specifications on our current YouView range please call 01242 511511.
YouView software updates
Software update for the following YouView models:
IP Software update for all models:
- The product will need to be left in Standby overnight
- If connected to the internet the download will be detected
- When the product is next turned on you will be prompted to update
- Manufacturer Software Version: 20.9.0